When I first started using essential oils, I think I was like most people: I started out with oils that I felt were simple to use. Most people feel really comfortable when they start by diffusing oils like lavender, utilizing melaleuca (tea tree) for cuts or scrapes, or trying out lemon oil in simple chemical free, homemade household cleaners. These are oils that most people have heard of and many already feel familiar with their basic benefits (lavender for sleep, lemon for cleaning … easy).
While these oils are incredible and their benefits are countless, I am always so excited to help people dig a little deeper into essential oils and uncover oils they may not be familiar with or may seem … not so simple and easy—like May’s product of the month: Rosemary.
This month, when wholesale members place an order of 125pv or more (1pv is about the same as $1) on the Loyalty Rewards Program (LRP) they will receive a bottle of Rosemary oil FREE! (Not on LRP yet? Let’s get you started.)
Rosemary feels a bit like an intimidating oil. Sure, you know rosemary as the strong scented shrub, something you put on chicken and potatoes, and as the sweet old lady who lives at the end of your cul de sac, but what the heck do you do with it as an essential oil? HOW DO YOU USE IT?
You may be surprised to learn that rosemary oil is one of the most powerful and versatile oils in the world. The use of rosemary can be traced back to the ancient Greeks, Romans, Egyptians and Hebrews and has amazing antiseptic properties. Known for its use easing digestion and healing respiratory issues, rosemary has most recently become popular as an ingredient in skin and hair care—which is how I first learned to love this oil.
I turned to essential oils for clarity and wellness before becoming pregnant with my son, and rosemary wasn’t really an oil I used right off the bat. During my pregnancy my hair was longer and stronger than ever before, but shortly after I had my son … not so much. Postpartum hair loss is so real. I kid you not, my hair loss lead to a broken vacuum belt. Yeesh. Luckily, I had rosemary oil on hand and decided to start using it. Why? Because this wonderous oil strengthens hair, repairs damage from heat and dryness and stimulates new hair growth. I whipped up an easy hair spritz to use after showers. Within a month of use I had strong new baby hairs on my head! Which, new mama’s refer to as wings since it straight up looks like you have wings sprouting from the sides of our head. Super cute. Rosemary totally sped up my hair growth and I was so thankful!
Rosemary isn’t just great for your beauty regime. Rosemary is also known to improve memory when diffused, and detox the liver and lower cortisol levels when ingested. It can also help relieve nerves and soothe the body when added to a bath.
Clearly, rosemary is a powerful oil with many practical applications. Don’t let this “intimidating” oil scare you! And hey, if you can’t get past rosemary being a seasoning for chicken, you can use the oil for that too.
Also this month -- You can get almost $60 worth of oils for FREE this month with any purchase of 200pv or more (about $200). The best way to take advantage of this promo if you are not yet a doterra member?
Enroll with a Home Essentials kit!
What you get:
15 mL bottles of: Frankincense, Lavender, Lemon, Melaleuca, Oregano, Peppermint, doTERRA Breathe®, DigestZen®, doTERRA On Guard®, Deep Blue®(5 mL)
Petal Diffuser, The doTERRA Essentials Booklet
A FREE wholesale membership for one year
FREE On Guard Toothpaste
FREE 15mL of Wild Orange
FREE 15mL of On Guard
FREE On Guard Sanitizing mist
IT IS FINALLY SPRING! At least, according to the calendar it is.
Although it is still snowing here in the midwest, spring weather is just around the corner and I am really looking forward to getting back outside with my son. After what seemed like the longest winter ever, I can’t wait to see fresh flowers popping up in the neighborhood, trees with leaves, and the yard looking green again.
The only problem with spring? Allergies. Spring is peak time for allergies. Just when it feels great to be outside again, allergies can send us right back in to the couch. I had never experienced allergies personally until last spring and it threw me for a loop. As soon as the allergy symptoms hit I found myself researching which of my essential oils would help me get through the awful runny nose, congestion, and itchy throat.
Luckily I found doTERRA Breathe. Breathe is one of doTERRA’s most popular essential oil blends due to its powerful uses and benefits. Mainly, Breathe is known for its ability to maintain clear airways, and assist in overall respiratory health - perfect for allergy sufferers. Breathe is this months product of the month and you can get it for FREE! When wholesale members place an order of 125pv or more (1pv is about the same as $1) on your Loyalty Rewards Program you then receive a 5mL bottle of Breathe FREE with your order. (Not on LRP yet? Let’s get you started.)
doTERRA Breathe is enriched with a series of oils that help cool and invigorate, promoting feelings of easy breathing. doTERRA Breathe essential oil blend can be used both aromatically and topically to help minimize the effects of seasonal threats. doTERRA Breathe is a blend of Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Melaleuca (Tea Tree), Lemon, Cardamom, Ravensara, and Laurel Leaf that emits an airy and fresh mint aroma.
My entire family relies on Breathe in the spring to get through seasonal allergies. I also diffuse this throughout the year in my sons room when we visit my parents as he gets stuffy around dog fur. And doTERRA Breathe isn’t just for allergies - this blend is also a must-have for cold and flu season (which hopefully is over?!). With more natural ingredients than Vicks Vapor Rub, Breathe has the same effect, if not better, and has also been known to promote peaceful sleep - which is why it is my go-to allergy and cold season blend. Plus, doTERRA Breathe is chemical/toxin free and completely plant based. You can’t find that at Target.
Tips for use:
Add a few drops to your palms, cup your hands and inhale deeply to instantly feel congestion relief.
Combine in the diffuser with Frankincense for even more congestion relief. Combine with Melaleuca (tea tree) to ward off snoring.
Combine doTERRA Breathe with fractionated coconut oil and add to a roller bottle for easy application. Or you can purchase the prediluted roller bottle by doTERRA. The roller bottle makes it easy to apply to the bottoms of feet or your chest.
Make shower steamers! The basic recipe is 1 cup of baking soda, 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup distilled water, and 25 drops doTERRA Breathe mixed together and placed in silicone molds to dry overnight. To use, just pop one on the floor of your shower and enjoy a nice steam with the added benefit of clear sinus’.
With spring just around the corner (seriously, it better be!) this month’s LRP promotional oil is so timely. This month, with the purchase of 125pv on LRP get a free 5mL bottle of doTERRA Breathe!
Questions about doTERRA Breathe or LRP? Don’t hesitate to contact me.
Frankincense is a highly sought after essential oil and one that doesn't come by cheap either. If you find Frankincense for cheap, RUN. It means it's filled with synthetics and fillers that can be incredibly harmful and won't do a damn thing to help you heal. Being one of the gifts brought to baby Jesus, people have turned to this gift from earth for centuries for it's healing properties. It's sourced from the resin of the Frankincense tree and goes through a steam distillation process that pulls out the most purest form of the plant, the essential oil.
Here are ten reasons why Frankincense really is the King of all oils and why you need this powerhouse of an oil in your home.
1. Frankie helps with our emotional well-being. Being an antidepressant, there are many ways to use this oil to improve your mental health. You can put a drop under your tongue every morning, diffuse when needed, or even just apply to your wrists, bottom of feet, back of neck and/or spine with a roller bottle diluted with fractionated coconut oil or another carrier oil. It takes our brain 22 seconds to elicit an emotional response. That's pretty damn impressive. And when it comes to our mental health, don't spare a minute.
2. It helps create a cozy, comforting atmosphere. Coming from a tree this oil as a very grounding and earthy aroma. When diffused in an area it creates a beautiful aroma that is incredibly inviting and comforting.
3. It helps repair scaring. Here's an amazing fact. Frankincense is restorative. It tells our cells to stop being lazy and kick starts the cell regeneration process, which slows or even stops when wounds are healing and thus causes scarring. This was a tremendous help when I was nursing my (unplanned) c-section scar.
4. Helps reduce the signs of aging. As we age, our cell regeneration process slows down. It's natural and inevitable. BUT because of its restorative properties, Frankie can swoop in to the rescue and slow down that cellular aging process. Preventing those wrinkles from happening just a few more years and keeping you younger longer.
5. Helps boost your immune system. This is a powerhouse of an oil I tell ya. Rub this oil on the bottoms of your feet to help give your immune system an added boost. Your circulatory system will carry it the rest of the way throughout your body. You can use it as a preventative measure or as you're sick to help fight and get feeling better faster.
6. It detoxes your liver. Yup. We know the importance of a healthy liver. Whether or not you choose to indulge in alcohol (I'm mom to a very active toddler boy, so yea, I love my wine) its healthy to detox your body and you liver to clean out toxins that can build up and cause long term, and even serious, health problems.
7. Helps prevent breast cancer. With it's anticancer properties Frankincense is a must have if breast cancer, or any cancer for that matter, runs in the family. This oil, when safe and pure, is safe to apply neat. However, our bodies absorb the essential oil more effectively when applied with a carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil. You can also implement this into your morning routine and place a drop under your tongue to harvest this property.
8. Assists in meditation, prayer and focus. You can apply the oil under your nose, back of your neck or diffuse when using for spiritual focus and attentiveness.
9. Repairs stretch marks. No joke. I became SO self conscious after I had my son. I had never had stretch marks before and I had even taken daily, preventative measures! Or so I thought. Whether or not we get stretch marks depends entirely on the elasticity of our skin. Which is either in our genes or not. We can help our skin by keeping it hydrated but that's all we can do. EXCEPT we do have the power to help kick start that cell regeneration (like Frankie with scars) and help our skin rebuild healthy skin cells and fade away the appearance of those hard earned marks.
10. Relieves back pain and headaches. Frankincense is an anti-inflammatory so whenever we feel pain this is a must have to grab and apply to the area. Massage into the area of pain with a lotion or carrier oil. For headaches, apply to the neck, forehead and/or temples.
There you have it. The top 10 reasons why Frankie is THE KING of all oils.
There are dozens of reasons why I chose to work with DoTERRA essential oils but the one I'll dive into here is the INCREDIBLE compensation plan. Let's hash out the goods.
There are five ways to earn with DoTERRA.
3. Unilevel. This is based on your entire organization. You get paid based on qualifying levels in your downline. This is what is different than most MLM organizations and is straight up more rewarding than anywhere else. Based on the above image: Your Level A, you will get 2% on all of their purchases. Forever. Your Level B you will get 3%. Your Level C you will get 5%. This is where the residual income comes into play. You will be earning on your teams orders every month, forever. Below is the full summary for unilevel bonuses.
4. Another way to earn is by the Power of 3. Which teaches builders to enroll 3 people with an LRP monthly order of 150pv and between the four of you have an overall volume of 600pv. When this happens you get a $50 bonus. YAY! So once that happens, you teach those three to do the same so that each of them gets the bonus and you get a $250 bonus. Even more YAY! And when THAT happens you teach THOSE people to do the same and you get a $1,500 bonus. YAY! YAY! YAY! The trick is to get everyone on LRP, which can be tricky but VERY rewarding. Power of 3 is paid out on a monthly basis.
5. The final way to earn is performance pools. This doesn't take affect until you are Silver or above. You basically get paid in shares for each successful builder you personally enroll. The more successful your enrollees, the more successful you are. So it's VERY important to make your business plan duplicatable (not sure that's a real word), and to stay close to your team and train them well. A strong bond with your builders is what will make you a great leader and successful in this business.
Baby boy got a cold while I was away and he was staying with my Mom. Good thing his Mimi is a nurse and LOVES dōTERRA! Her trick? A few drops of Breathe on a cotton ball taped to his onesie! PERFECT! Think of Breathe as an all natural Vicks vapor rub. It opens up airways and allows for clear breathing. It's amazing. An all natural alternative to help my baby feel better... who would hesitate??? Especially when our babies are too little for cough medicine.
I recently taught a class on this to a local Parish Nurse Association and decided to write a blog post on it so that hopefully others that may be looking for this information can find it and find healing.
Essential oils are powerful and can heal. But in the case of using them during the end-of-life, essential oils can not only provide physical comfort but can also help put the mind and spirit at ease. Here are some great ways to implement essential oils into a hospice routine.
1. Create a calming atmosphere. This is beneficial to not only the patient but also the family members. End-of-life is difficult on everyone involved and creating an atmosphere that is relaxing, soothing and calming can make a huge difference. Diffuse oils such as Lavender, Eucalyptus, Serenity and Cedarwood for a full room effect.
2. Help the patient to sleep. This is incredibly important. When laying in a bed all day for an extended time it can become difficult for the patient to remain in a healthy sleep pattern. Using essential oils such as Serenity, Lavender, and Vetiver will help ease the patient into a restful nights sleep.
3. Brighten the mood. End-of-life is clearly nothing to be cheerful about. But using essential oils can help raise a patients mood. Citrus oils such as Wild Orange, Grapefruit, Lemon and Citrus Bliss are all mood boosters and help elevate energy levels. This will also help to keep patients awake during daylight hours.
4. Ease anxious feelings. Anxiety is hard on the body and can have some serious physical effects. Using oils such as Ylang Ylang, Lavender, Eucalyptus, and Bergamot can help to settle those stressful emotions.
5. Tame that breathe. If you have ever been with a patient at the end of their life you will know the exact smell I am referring to. DoTERRA has a Peppermint beadlet that you can pop in the patients mouth that dissolves quickly and takes care of the stench from the source, bacteria.
These are just 5 quick ways to make a HUGE impact on the end-of-life process. The level of care is taken to a whole new level when essential oils are implemented. In doing so, the patient, the caregiver and the family members can all enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
If you don't have time to diffuse or don't have access to a diffuser here are some quick tips:
-Add some drops to a cotton ball and tap to the patients pajamas, a very safe way to get the aroma benefits.
-Put a few drops in your hands, rub together and inhale. You can do this as the care provider to practice some self care. You can also teach this technique to family members.
-Put a few drops of oil in your hands, rub together and then run your hands over pillows and linens.
-When washing linens you can add a few drops of essential oil to the laundry either during the wash cycle or the drying cycle.
If you would like some help setting up essential oils in this type of setting please feel free to contact me, I would be more than happy to help.
If you would like to purchase oils click here.