Frankincense is a highly sought after essential oil and one that doesn't come by cheap either. If you find Frankincense for cheap, RUN. It means it's filled with synthetics and fillers that can be incredibly harmful and won't do a damn thing to help you heal. Being one of the gifts brought to baby Jesus, people have turned to this gift from earth for centuries for it's healing properties. It's sourced from the resin of the Frankincense tree and goes through a steam distillation process that pulls out the most purest form of the plant, the essential oil.
Here are ten reasons why Frankincense really is the King of all oils and why you need this powerhouse of an oil in your home.
1. Frankie helps with our emotional well-being. Being an antidepressant, there are many ways to use this oil to improve your mental health. You can put a drop under your tongue every morning, diffuse when needed, or even just apply to your wrists, bottom of feet, back of neck and/or spine with a roller bottle diluted with fractionated coconut oil or another carrier oil. It takes our brain 22 seconds to elicit an emotional response. That's pretty damn impressive. And when it comes to our mental health, don't spare a minute.
2. It helps create a cozy, comforting atmosphere. Coming from a tree this oil as a very grounding and earthy aroma. When diffused in an area it creates a beautiful aroma that is incredibly inviting and comforting.
3. It helps repair scaring. Here's an amazing fact. Frankincense is restorative. It tells our cells to stop being lazy and kick starts the cell regeneration process, which slows or even stops when wounds are healing and thus causes scarring. This was a tremendous help when I was nursing my (unplanned) c-section scar.
4. Helps reduce the signs of aging. As we age, our cell regeneration process slows down. It's natural and inevitable. BUT because of its restorative properties, Frankie can swoop in to the rescue and slow down that cellular aging process. Preventing those wrinkles from happening just a few more years and keeping you younger longer.
5. Helps boost your immune system. This is a powerhouse of an oil I tell ya. Rub this oil on the bottoms of your feet to help give your immune system an added boost. Your circulatory system will carry it the rest of the way throughout your body. You can use it as a preventative measure or as you're sick to help fight and get feeling better faster.
6. It detoxes your liver. Yup. We know the importance of a healthy liver. Whether or not you choose to indulge in alcohol (I'm mom to a very active toddler boy, so yea, I love my wine) its healthy to detox your body and you liver to clean out toxins that can build up and cause long term, and even serious, health problems.
7. Helps prevent breast cancer. With it's anticancer properties Frankincense is a must have if breast cancer, or any cancer for that matter, runs in the family. This oil, when safe and pure, is safe to apply neat. However, our bodies absorb the essential oil more effectively when applied with a carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil. You can also implement this into your morning routine and place a drop under your tongue to harvest this property.
8. Assists in meditation, prayer and focus. You can apply the oil under your nose, back of your neck or diffuse when using for spiritual focus and attentiveness.
9. Repairs stretch marks. No joke. I became SO self conscious after I had my son. I had never had stretch marks before and I had even taken daily, preventative measures! Or so I thought. Whether or not we get stretch marks depends entirely on the elasticity of our skin. Which is either in our genes or not. We can help our skin by keeping it hydrated but that's all we can do. EXCEPT we do have the power to help kick start that cell regeneration (like Frankie with scars) and help our skin rebuild healthy skin cells and fade away the appearance of those hard earned marks.
10. Relieves back pain and headaches. Frankincense is an anti-inflammatory so whenever we feel pain this is a must have to grab and apply to the area. Massage into the area of pain with a lotion or carrier oil. For headaches, apply to the neck, forehead and/or temples.
There you have it. The top 10 reasons why Frankie is THE KING of all oils.